Half Way House
Postal cards -- Collectors and collecting
Chesterfield County (Va.)
Jefferson Davis Highway (Va.)
U.S. Route 1
Half Way House was located at U.S. Routes 1 and 301, which was 5 miles south of Richmond, VA. They had been listed in a publication called "101 Finest Restaurants in America." It was built in 1760 on land owned by George II of England. Parts of the building have been renovated, but its Manor House is original.
The materials in this collection were donated by Richard O. Gates, J.D.
Images from this collection may be protected by copyright law (title 17 of the US Code), and their use beyond the exceptions outlined in the Fair Use (section 107) and Reproduction by Libraries and Archives (section 108) provisions therein may violate federal law.